SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashleycartmel

Marvin Integrity vs Therma Tru French Patio Doors??

ashleycartmel
8 years ago

We are taking out a large window at the end of our kitchen and inserting double, out swing French Patio doors in its place. They are west facing with no overhang so we have been guided in the direction of full fiberglass doors or wood clad fiberglass doors. We want to be able to paint the outside of the door to match exterior trim color, which also makes fiberglass a good choice.

I particularly want Simulated Divided Lites and Grills Between the Glass to get the most authentic divided light look without paying for True Divided Lights.

Both Therma Tru Smooth Star and Marvin Integrity offer these divided light options, but I have not been able to see in person the Smooth Star SDL style at any nearby dealer. The Smooth Star doors styles I have seen looks pretty good, with nice "faux wood" detailing. But I'm just not sure whether the SDL looks high quality on these doors. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I know Marvin craftsmanship is quite good and there's something about having the feel of wood on the inside even if it's painted, which we plan to do. They have several bevel styles for their SDLs which look nice and authentic. They are about $1000 more expensive than Therma Tru.

Any thoughts welcome - thanks!

Comments (7)