SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ensa_gw

Marvin integrity sliding patio door insect screen question

ensa
10 years ago

I haven't yet found a Marvin dealer in my area who has a Integrity sliding patio door display (I've been to four different dealers). So I wonder if anyone who had either the all ultrex or the wood ultrex sliding patio door (not french door) installed can shed some light here. While I was at a Marvin Infinity dealer, there's a sliding patio door and the rep told me that the Integrity patio door should look similar though Infinity is prettier, and the insect screen is the same between Integrity and Infinity. When I look at the patio door, if looking from the interior side (like you're sitting at home and looking outside), the top part of frame of the insect screen is actually blocking some of the view on top. It looks like the panel with insect screen behind has a "shorter" - maybe 4 inch - window view than the other panel, and it looks kind of unbalanced. The other thing that bothers me is the color of the top part of the insect screen, which shows as kind of a grayish green, and that just stands out because the interior color is beige. I asked the rep about this and he says it's correctly installed. He doesn't see this as a concern. When I look at the exterior side, the ground there the screen stands is actually much lower than the rail for the gliding door panel. I guess this is by design for Infinity. I wonder if it is the same for Integrity. Can anyone tell me? Thanks in advance.

Comments (2)