SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sarahbr2

HELP ASAP- siding and roof color

sarahbr2
8 years ago

Hi again! Hoping for some quick help. Our framing went WAY faster than estimated (it took 6 days instead of 4 weeks!) I suppose that is good but they want us to pick the roof color by tomorrow since they want to protect the wood. We haven't chosen a siding color so I have no idea how we can commit to a roof! Please help!!!!! For the roof we are using timberline. I think these are the choices.

For the siding we will likely use hardiplank (I am trying to explore the Nichiha shakes as they are beautiful but I can't find anyone who sells them here and I need to commit soon- anyone know how the price compares to the hardpank?) Here are the colors available in our area

And most importantly, here is the elevation.

Technically we don't need to commit to a siding color quite yet but we do need a roof color and the two seem to be tied together. We are leaning towards blue, grey or the light neutral tan (cobble stone). We want something timeless that we won't regret in 10 years. Hoping you all have some ideas. I assume for the roof we should just do charcoal (black), oyster (grey), or pewter (grey). I painted a number of siding colors onto the elevation (based off the above chips) but I have a feeling that's not a good representation of what it will look like in person.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Comments (10)