SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
esox07

Hot Hungarian Wax/Pepperoncini Cross - does anyone want some seed?

Offer: I grew what I expected to be Hot Hungarian Wax Peppers this year. What they clearly turned out to be were a cross between Hot Hungarian Wax and Pepperoncini. I grew both one year close by each other and that is what the seed source was. I grew two plants and each have slightly different traits. One is more pepperoncini looking and the other is more HHW looking. Both are bigger than Pepperonci and instead of going green to red, they are more yellow and go to orange and then red. Their shape definitely has Pepperoncini traits but are much bigger and thicker walled like the HHW. If anyone wants seed from either plant, PM me and I will give you an address for you to send me a self addressed stamped envelop which I will return to you with seed from either of the two plants.

I am not sure if anyone will want any, but I figured someone would be interested in messing around with them to see where it goes.

Here is a photo of the plant with pods closer to HHW than Pepperoncini. They are clearly bigger than Pepperonci but not quite as big as mature HHW. If someone wants a photo of the pods on the other plant that is a bit more like a Pepperonci, let me know and I will post it. Both plants produce pods that are relatively mild which is consistent with HHW and especially the Pepperoncini.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor