SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cramerstyle

blended family.My daughters think my wife is selfish

cramerstyle
8 years ago

My wife adopted my youngest daughter (D) at age 11. Oil & water now for 18 years....Oldest D married with 2 beautiful boys. Oldest D's inlaws well off financially & in great Health. We struggle with $'s ...& with health issues...that cost $ - & greatly limit ability to work enough to solve $ woes. Both my D's resent my wife because she can't work, but bowls thrice weekly to not "give in" to pain. Both use selfish B...to describe her. Inlaws are loved/appreciated & from birth of GC been able to spend far more time/money on GC. Oldest D bio mom & myself/wife can't get GC much because inlaws either have them or plans set to keep a night or weekend. Both D's resent my wife and oldest D's bio mom because neither can come remotely close to performing to Super inlaw GM level...Youngest D expects babysitting a few hours before needing...and uses sisters MIL as role model for GM's....if Adoptive M (my wife) can bowl, there's no excuse she won't baby sit on demand....is attitude of youngest D.

Inlaws, from GC birth (5&8 now) have kept GC overnight weekly, rent wonderful houses for week long beach trips with son, my D, and GC.

I handle this well & have good relationship with inlaws. I only wish I could do the same.....My wife & ex (oldest D mom)...pout & are resentful to Inlaws.....and being hardened....have given up to a big extent to be as involved with GC as in their hearts they want to be. Both feel GC don't care and their D's no longer care.....They feel hated.....so sad..

I never believed in nor wanted over participation with GC due to my fatherhood being ruined from pushy ever present inlaws.....My GC & D & sil benefit greatly from inlaws health/wealth/free time..but my 2 D's resentment of my well intentioned wife is unfair & unhealthy.

We'll never compete...We don't want to leave GC, but the situation causes thoughts of moving to escape.

Youngest D has a baby, not married...which i'm gratful for. Babys father has limited future due to bad past criminal record....She needs both my wife who adopted her...and me. I've had all I can handle & feel need to extracate my wife from D's disrespect. We're mid 60's. But I want to be able to see GC....moving to protect wife would cost GC contact.

Just venting todaycand open to ideas..

Comments (4)

Sponsored