SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stepmom33

selfish or not?

stepmom33
16 years ago

Here's my big story...I have been living with my Boyfriend for over two years now, I have a son from a previous relationship, he is 7 years old, my boyfriend has two boys from a previous relationship that are 10 and 9. He has shared custody, so he has his kids every other week. He is a good father and treats all the kids pretty fair. when we first met, our kids got along very well, but since moving in, and my son staying in the same room as the 9 year old, the 9 year old now resents my son, he is a mean boy!!! His birthday is coming up and told my son he's not invited. He puts my son down all the time, and I think bully's him when we are not looking. Dont get me wrong, my son is no angel!! He pushes the 9 year olds buttons just as much, and uses his smallness to get the others introuble. but he really hates my son. (his exact words) The 9 year old is grumpy all the time, and blames my son for it. My Boyfriend wants a "normal" family as much as anyone, but he pushes these 3 boys together, and now resentment has hit. I am worried about my son's self esteem, and worry if staying in this relationship is being very selfish. we argue about the kids everyother week when his kids leave. we have enquired about counselling, which will happen soon, they do go to the same babysitters, which happens to be my boyfriends ex's house (their grandmother) watches all 3 before and after school. I think they need their space and having my son on their "turf" doesn't help. But my boyfriend believes seperating them isn't the right thing to do, Im worried that pushing them together all the time is going to make things worse, and it has, I want my son to stay a happy boy, and being around the miserable 9 year old doesnt help.their mother and I get along well, and I have helped my boyfriend get along better with her also. Somebody help me, I want this to stop, I want my son to stay happy, and I want the 9 year old to become happy again.

Comments (10)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES