SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kangadr

Aktillery9...please help!

Kanga
8 years ago

Hey girl!

Can I (pretty please) have a mock up of my living room with this rug? I love ikat prints, but feel it's too loud for my living room. To avoid hours of googling ikat rugs, I feel the mock up will either be a go or no-go and then I can move on. THANK YOU!!!!!

Comments (44)

• Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Bumping

• amykath
    8 years ago

Gosh, I am so sorry, I just use powerpoint. I can't really manipulate the rug direction or place it under you coffee table. This is the best I could do and it is horrible. Maybe someone with true photoshop experience can help.

BTW, I do like the rug in your space!

Kanga thanked amykath
  • pugga
    8 years ago

I don't think it's too busy. It looks very nice, IMHO.

Kanga thanked pugga
  • tibbrix
    8 years ago

I think the pattern enhances the room because everything else, other than the prints, is a solid

Kanga thanked tibbrix
  • Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

You're sweet for trying! Thank you so much for taking the time. I hate the fact that I can't find a good rug place in my area. I'm a huge order-on-line kind of gal, but with such a large and $$$ purchase, I want to do it local. I love this print, but is introducing grey into the room a good idea????

• amykath
    8 years ago

I think its lovey and the gray does not look like it is out of place. I really like the rug. I am an order online type of gal too. I have ordered five online in the last 6 months!

Kanga thanked amykath
  • Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I really love it too! I like the pop of yellow against the brown and teal furniture. Maybe they have a swatch???? I can only hope. I'll have to call the company. Again, thank you!

• tibbrix
    8 years ago

Kanga, order a small one first. Then, if you don't like it, it's easy to return, and if you do, it's easier to exchange for the large one.

• oaktonmom
    8 years ago

• Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Thoughts? Which is your favorite?

2:

• oaktonmom
    8 years ago

#1 brings all the elements of your room together.

Kanga thanked oaktonmom
  • joaniepoanie
    8 years ago

I think the yellow rug is a little too jarring in your space. I like the last two but can't tell in the last one if that's gray or teal peaking through so I think the second to the last would work the best. I like the first one too but it might be too contemporary for your room. Whatever rug you choose needs to have a little teal in it to refer to your painting IMO. What a pretty room!

Kanga thanked joaniepoanie
  • Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

What about these?: totally different direction...

• oaktonmom
    8 years ago

I don't like the large scale of the circles on your last two. The colors work though.

Kanga thanked oaktonmom
  • User
    8 years ago

I like 1 and 2. I don't care for the circles because you've got circles in your accessories, making it too thematic.

• Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Then perhaps a Persian?:

• Kelly Fumarola
    8 years ago

My vote would be for the Tommy Bahama #1 or the persian.

• User
    8 years ago

persian

• Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Here is my room on a design board: After looking at this, a Persian seems to make sense. Would a geometric patterned area rug not work? There was this article that I read saying geometric patterns go well with paisley (my couch throw pillows), but I feel my style would work better with a Persian rug, perhaps. This is so damn hard!

• k9arlene
    8 years ago
    My vote is for #1 Tommy Bahama. The Persian would work as well, but it's so 'expected' and not very interesting.
    Kanga thanked k9arlene
  • Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Well, I found one I really like. The only problem...its $23K...hahahahahahaha!!!

OMG! :-/

• JustDoIt
    8 years ago

$23K. Can you ride it to work?

• Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

FinallyHome: at that ridiculous price, I better be able to fly it to work while glitter and gold shoot out the back of it! That's just insane!

• Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I think I found IT :)

• amykath
    8 years ago

I have this one but in navy blue which might work for you as well. However, this might be better. I love my rug. It is very soft under foot and looks great and wears great as well.

I got it at esalerugs.com

Kanga thanked amykath
  • amykath
    8 years ago

Here is the blue one I have. It also goes well with more aqua blues too.

Kanga thanked amykath
  • amykath
    8 years ago

Here is a sad mock up of the first lighter blue rug.

Kanga thanked amykath
  • Butternut
    8 years ago

Oh, kanga, I really like that one Aktillery posted. It pulls in the yellow and the teal without being too matchy matchy. And I know it's not $24k :)

Plus esalerugs has free returns so if you don't like it you can return it.

• tibbrix
    8 years ago

I like that Xavier rug for your room as you said you like Ikat patterns.

• deeinohio
    8 years ago

I also love the one you posted. It brings in all your colors, and appears to be a subtler pattern of Ikat. . I checked it at Wayfair, and see that it is hand knotted (not tufted, thank goodness). My only concern would be its fibers--sisal and jute. I expected it to be wool for $2000. I think it would be extremely durable, but would do some research on its cleanability. I own a lot of rugs (just don't bring it up around DH), but they're mostly all wool or Dash & Albert indoor/outdoor. I've never owned one made with sisal and jute together, just one all sisal, which lasted a couple of months before the cat threw up on it, and wouldn't clean up.

Kanga thanked deeinohio
  • Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Deeinohio: thank you so much for your comment. To be honest, I was more concerned about colors than fiber. I'm clearly uneducated in area rugs. I've never owned one and if I do invest....I want it to last longer than me! Lol! Thank you for pointing out what should be obvious: how to keep it clean. Back to more research! :)

• Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Hi all,

Let me start off with how much I appreciate everyone taking the time to help me. Thank you!

So, I went to a local rug depot and there were three transitional rugs that stood out. One has obvious teal and the other two have subtle teal. I personally could not take my eyes off of #3. In person, it's so beautiful! Thoughts?:

3. (Two photos)

So, as much as I like and appreciate a transitional piece, I am equally drawn to something like this: (ps...this rug has black in it...would that be weird against an espresso recliner and entertainment center?)

• amykath
    8 years ago

Of the three I like #1 I also like your last one.

• deeinohio
    8 years ago

Will they let you try them out?

• User
    8 years ago

3 would be beautiful in a dining room.

I think your living room furnishings are too casual for a Persian. I like the muted colors and graphics in the second rug in the first group. That soft orange is a pretty accent color.

• Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

Deeinohio: the local rug depot said he would loan me a 5x8 to test. I wish the same would go for on-line ordering. This is a very difficult decision. I'm the kind of person who knows what I DONT like...it's the the decision between what I DO like thats the problem.

• Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

The rugs and my design board:

1. Local rug

2. Aktillery's Rug

3. Local Rug

4. On-line Rug:

5. On-line Rug:

6. On-line Rug:

• amykath
    8 years ago

I think I am liking #6

Kanga thanked amykath
  • Butternut
    8 years ago

Where is your yellow throw in the design board? I think that if you are keeping that, the yellow needs to be brought in via the rug.

From what you posted above, I like #2 and #3.

Kanga thanked Butternut
  • deeinohio
    8 years ago
    last modified: 8 years ago

I am also liking #6 with all your other elements. It would be too bold for me, but your choices seem to mainly lean toward bold, so they must attract you. My choice for myself would be #3, but that is definitely a safe choice. Do try out the one from the local dealer you think is so beautiful.

Kanga thanked deeinohio
  • k9arlene
    8 years ago

#5 is my vote. It incorporates all the colors you have in the room and is more interesting than some of the others.

Kanga thanked k9arlene
  • User
    8 years ago

#3. I like that it has a combination of dark bold color and then more muted colors. I like that shade of blue.

Kanga thanked User
  • Kanga
    Original Author
    8 years ago

I know everyone voted against this, but here's a mock-up a gal from another board did:

Or, what about this one?: