SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ingrid_vc

I have Maggie Whether I Want To Or Not

ingrid_vc so. CA zone 9
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

It's odd how some roses are destined to be in our lives despite our best efforts. I had decided to order her after inquiring here about her suitability for my climate. Then it got really hot and I decided, no, I would plant drought tolerant plants instead in the hot spot I had planned to put Maggie. I therefore canceled my order. Meanwhile we installed a drip system and I decided to reorder Maggie again since it would have a better chance of surviving with drip water. However, I then discovered a rose named Deanna Krause that really caught my fancy and was touted as being both heat- and drought-tolerant, and it had the cachet of being completely unknown to me. I cancelled Maggie again and ordered DK in its stead. Meanwhile, I somehow managed to order Maggie from another nursery during the reordering and cancellation process. Once I realized that, I e-mailed a cancellation and then, upon receiving no confirmation, I called the nursery and the nice lady said, no, she hadn't noticed my cancellation but she would cancel the order immediately. Well, yesterday Maggie arrived anyway.. I'm throwing up my hands and allowing Maggie into my life and my garden. To complicate matters further, I received an e-mail that Jessie Hildreth was now available. I danced a happy dance and called the nursery only to find out that it had sold out in a nanosecond. I was assured that a new crop would be coming up and I will now monitor my e-mail 24/7 so I'm not late in ordering again. Only problem is that Jesse Hildreth was allocated to the spot where Maggie will now be, and I have to find another space for Deanna Krause and Jesse Hildreth........

Comments (14)