SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nesting67

I have a problem - new toilet doesn't fit

nesting67
8 years ago

I'm nearing the end of my bathroom remodel and we are realizing that the beautiful Toto Promenade round bowl toilet I bought does not fit. The tank is pressing on the tile behind it and the cover will not fit over the top. There is a leak coming from one of the bolts that fastens the tank to the bowl. Contractor thinks the leak is caused by the toilet not fitting in the space allotted, plumber thinks he can fix the leak by replacing a gasket (?) inside that may have dried up and cracked while the toilet was in storage waiting to be installed. Plumber has been out once already to reinstall the factory provided gasket which slowed down the leak, but it is still leaking. Here are my options:

1) Remove some of the tile behind the toilet tank and try to hide with calk hoping the toilet will sit far enough back to close properly and prevent the leak (if that is what is causing it)

2) Get a new toilet with a 10# rough.

Details: This Toto toilet was expensive and is not returnable. Also, having a hard time finding a 10" rough toilet that is 1.6 GPF with a round bowl.

What would you do? Anyone have a similar situation?

Having a hard time posting a photo, but will keep trying.

Comments (4)