SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
corie_hall

Light Switch Plates Cut

Deck The Halls
8 years ago

Hi, We've just completed out punch list for the custom house that was built for us. Included in the punch list were several light switch plates were cut to make them fix in the spots to make them fit next to the door frame. I've never seen this done in any home I've ever been in or lived.

The electrician was just here and said that nothing could be done correct them. He said it was due to the framing and the placement of the door molding.

They look awful, as you can clearly see the gap and the unevenly cut line of the plate. I pushed back and asked why the door molding, electrical and framing weren't discussed and taken into consideration during the initial building stages. He couldn't or wouldn't answer me and continued to insist that couldn't be helped and that nothing can be done to change it.

This is a fairly expensive home and I just don't find it acceptable that these switch plates were cut. I plan to go back to the builder on this issue. But, before I do, I am wondering if anyone else has had this problem in their new build? And if so, what was done about it?

Thanks.

Comments (23)