SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kbear_15

Medicine Cabinet without mirror

kbear_15
8 years ago

I am interested in having my builder install a recessed medicine cabinet in the guest bath. I have already seen the concealed cabinets and they are a bit out of my price range - but that is the look I prefer (no mirror on the outside, can put a photograph/art in the frame). I've seen a video on how to make your own (can get pre-made medicine cabinet, remove the mirrored door, buy a frame, and replace the door) and read a few forums on gardenweb about them. The bathroom has a 36'' vanity, I plan to put a framed mirror above the vanity and the medicine cabinet on the wall that is perpendicular to the vanity. This wall isn't very long - from what I can tell, it will be only 26 or 27''? Based on that information, is a recessed cabinet 16''Wx20''L too big for that wall? (It'd give ~5 inches on each side of the cabinet). I found a cabinet I really like that is reasonably priced with those dimensions and am having trouble finding a cabinet smaller that doesn't look like it'll fall apart. Thank you in advance.

Comments (3)