SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ysfex3

some of my tropicals, one in flower, other with cool new growth

ysfex3
8 years ago

This one is a tropical I got from Hirt's, maybe. I forget the name. Something like Kapsia. Maybe someone could help me out. Just got it this Spring, so I was surprised to see it bloom. The single bloom lasted about a week, and another is coming in. A simple beauty.
This is my very own seed-grown Lychee plant. Started her last summer from some seed I got from store-bought fruit. This one has beautiful shell-pink new growth that lasts for a bit, but it is stunning. The leaves are glossy when mature. It also can put growth out, periodically, all year. What surprised me was that it tolerates a low humidity home very well. It always looked healthy, but was slow in growth, understandably. I think that lychees are a great candidate for house plants. I have two plants, but the other has much less spectacular new growth, a clear tan color. Hope to have fruit someday.
My baby Amaryllis. Hand pollinated numerous different types. This is an older picture; they are much bigger now. This is my second attempt. Last time, I set them out in full sun and they fried. In approx. four years, I'll get to be proud of the flowers!

Comment (1)