SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
plant_lover_grow

I need help! My shefflera is dying from the top down

plant_lover_grow
8 years ago

Can someone tell me why my Shefflera is dying from the top down? I had problems with scale earlier in the year with it. I couldn't get rid of them, so I set it out back at the wood-line to keep it from infecting any of my other plants. A few weeks ago, I walked back there to check on it, and the scale was gone and it had some new growth coming out on it, but it had lost most of its older scale infected leaves. So I brought back up to the house and set it on the porch with my other plants and now it has began to die from the top down on one of its three main stalks.

Here is some pics of it...

It is only dying back on one of its three main branches right now, the others still look healthy. Something is causing this though and I'm afraid it may progress to the others if I don't do something to stop it. Also, I don't want to lose anymore of the branch that's dying either if there's any way to stop it.
I'm thinking that the problem could be root rot because the soil is very wet from setting out back next to the woods and it has been rained on again since I brought it back up to the porch, but I'm not sure.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be, and what I need to do to solve it? Any advice would be appreciated!

Comments (7)