SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
niladri_banerjee92

Urgent help for my rose plant!

Niladri Banerjee
8 years ago

Hello,

I am completely new to roses and have a plant for 1 year in a small pot. This year it gave 9 roses and was growing very nicely and looked healthy until spider mites attacked it. I was not around and the plant was with my friend. After coming back it was nearly dead with plenty of spider mites, I used to spray water and kill any visible ones, but clearly due to neglect it was heavily infested with spider mites. It lost all the leaves and I cleared the rest. the canes were still green and it started sprouting leaves in a day or two but I found mites attacking it again.

I applied some eucalyptus oil but unfortunately it was not diluted enough. It dehydrates the plant in an hour or so. Now most of the canes are brownish in places or entirely and there are obviously no leaves. Some canes are still green. I feel terrible to have literally killed the plant but am hoping if there is anything that could still be done. Clearly the canes are severely dehydrated but do you recommend cutting the brown portions off? I am scared it will further stress whatever of the plant is left and will kill it soon (if it is not dead already). Is there any chance it can come back and start growing from the bulbs? It is in a very small pot and not a strong plant. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. I am based in the UK.

Thanks a lot!

Niladri.

Comments (11)