SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
velleta

I think I have finally been beaten

velleta tardiel
8 years ago

I swear, I have been trying to grow violets now for over five years and each year summer comes and I loose my entire collection.

I have tried adjusting everything yet I fail. Each year I watch as my violets leaves just turn brown and eventually collapse. Yet the roots are fine .

This summer has been the worst in years and sure enough. Daily I go to my green room to find dying violets.

I am beginning to think I am being unfair to them by taking them home to die. I am now at the point where I am questioning why bother.

I hope no one thinks I am trying to be a wet blanket . They are beautiful plants and if your climate allows by all means grow them. I will always love them but maybe it's time I accept that my climate is just not for them. It tears my heart to watch them prosper then slowly decline and theirs nothing I can do.

I tried rooting leaf from one plant four different times this month and each time it just rots away.

I am trying to tell myself retry but. At the cost of paying so much to get them, travelling 150miles just to buy them and only to loose them ???? :( :, ( VELLETA

Comments (15)