SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
4fox311

Advice needed! Rooter guy just left.. I feel unsure what to do.

4fox311
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

For the passed 3 yrs, I've had to get rooter service thru a clean-out for stoppage. Annually, the rooter guy does his 5 min..then all is clear. first guy charged $125 on a weekend, 2nd guy charged $60 on a weekday.. and now this guy charged $125 since it was Labor day weekend. However, no sooner than I stepped out to see them in progress, he was showing me a camera scope of the inside of the pipe, just 3 feet toward sewer of roots blocking the path. Although I didn't see him use the rooter, he says he cleared a 2 inch hole, but he recommended hydro-jet @ $675 to completely clear the pipe! He suspected the pipe is broken...breaking into cement, installed new pipe, etc would cost $1800. I told him since this is a big ticket expense, I would get another estimate. He still charged me $125 for the rooter service and would only guarantee 1 month! I feel taken advantage! (Also I need to say that only last year, the other rooter guy showed me a camera shot of how clear the pipe was... how could it get clogged by roots in one year's time!)

My choices 1) Get other opinions/estimates 2) Do nothing until it happens again, then deal with it. 3) call the latest Rooter Service Owner to further discuss the estimate and scope of work (found his service thru Yelp).

I'm just feeling I paid $125 for just a camera looksy! I appreciate any advice.

Comments (7)