SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rockybird

Parrot cage decor question

rockybird
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

This is a serious question! :) My dining/great room is very visible from many areas of the house as the back side of the house is all windows and it is an open floor plan. I need help figuring out what to do with these three cages.

I have three small parrots. They each have a cage in the dining room/great room to eat on. Originally, I had just the two older birds (Rocky, Zeek) and I bought the two larger stainless steel cages on CL for them to eat on. They do not go in the cages as they are not adequate for birds to live in. Then I got Scout (rescue bird) and I bought the smaller stainless steel cage on ebay for her.

Today, Rocky had fun playing on Scout's smaller cagetop. I realized that this might be a better fit for her and perhaps I should buy one for Zeek also. The problem is that they dont make the smaller cage in stainless steel anymore. They are only made in white, platinum grey, or ruby red.

My questions are:

-Do you think the current setup looks better than three smaller cages might? If so, I can try to rearrange the top of Rocky's cage to see if she likes it better. Or should I go with three of the smaller cages?

- The only colors avaiable for the smaller cage are platinum grey, ruby red or white. Any opinions on which colors would look all right, given that one cage would be stainless steel?

- Or any other ideas? I dont really like the bird stands, and my guys seem to like have a platform surface.

Thank you!

Rocky on Scout's cage today:

red (cannot locate picture of playtop):

Comments (17)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County