SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publick_man

Pasta attachment for KA mixer

Kevin bought me the pasta attachment for our Kitchenaid mixer, and I used it yesterday to make lasagna. I was surprised at how much I liked it - it made short work of rolling out all the lasagna noodles - it cut them time down to 1/4 if not less. Now I will be making fresh pasta more often. I made the dough in the FP, which I don't like to use because the top is very difficult to clean, but I also used the FP for grating the cheese. I also used pasta sauce that I had made a couple of weeks ago and had stored in the freezer. All in all, it was the fastest I've ever made lasagna! I did not boil the noodles, but I think I should have sprayed them with water as I put them in, especially when the overlapped a bit. It takes a bit longer to bake when the noodles have not been boiled, and so I may boil them for a minute next time.

I am so thrilled to have the pasta attachment! We did not get the cutter attachments as they do not seem to be worth the money, and I can easily cut fettuccine noodles by hand, and if I want linguine, I can use the hand crank machine. I almost never make fresh linguine, as I prefer fettuccine or larger noodles. I do frequently make ravioli, however, and this will help for that as well. I have 4 oz of pasta dough left over, plus quite a bit of filling, and so I think I'll make ravioli with that, but I'll have to make more sauce. I prefer eating ravioli to lasagna, but lasagna is easier to make, especially for a large batch. I now have quite a bit of leftover lasagna, and so I may freeze some of that as well.

Anyone else use a motorized pasta machine? Do you love it?

Comments (20)