SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_19691726

Yet another question! This coffee table?

User
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

A coworker is selling this coffee table which I think is lovely. It's actually her mother's and she doesn't know the maker, only the dimensions and the fact that it's in great condition with no defects or scratches. (Sorry for the not so great quality photo. It's a picture of a picture.) I've always loved barley twist legs. How do you think it would look in place of what we currently have in our living area? DH hates our current table and yeah, up close it looks cheap and is wonky. It was an inexpensive Craigslist purchase. I know someone said here before that they liked the color of the current table, and I'm wondering if the barley twist table would be too much dark wood? On the other hand, what's there now sometimes looks out of place to me - jarring.

The barley twist table is 2.5 inches taller than our current piece at 24" in height and the same diameter, 40". Any issue with that size, I wonder? It will be difficult to see the table first without committing to buy it as the mother lives out of town but has offered to deliver the table to the buyer. She's asking $200. Thoughts?

By the way, I nixed the tiered table from Dillards that I was looking at them other day. So that's off the table (bad pun intended).

Comments (59)