SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sleeperblues

Gluten free--Don't want to hijack the bread post

sleeperblues
8 years ago

Hope Grainlady sees this, I didn't want to keep posting on some else's thread on an unrelated topic. Wondering where you got your einkorn wheat? I accidently fell into a gluten free lifestyle. I went on a ketogenic carb restricted diet to lose a little weight and miraculously within a couple of weeks I had absolutely no aches and pains. I had been having some burning on the sides of my feet and I was really worried about diabetes, even though my sugars were ok and I had my doctor do a neuro test on my feet. So I kind of fell into eating very limited carbs, and so started doing research as to why I felt so much better (thus reading wheat belly and many other books). By cutting carbs you also cut so much sugar, because carbs turn to sugar as you metabolize them.

I always was kind of gassy, just attributed it to eating lots of veggies which I always have done. But it was the gluten (or carbs?) because I no longer have that issue. Went on a binge last week and finished off an opened box of some pita crackers of my husband's, and next day I had lots of abdominal distress. Really opened my eyes.

I never eat any of the packaged "gluten free" items because I eat limited processed foods now, but would be interested in bread made with einkorn wheat, which is why I wondering how/where you got it?

Comments (14)