SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachelstein

How big of a difference between medallion and plain and fancy cabinets

Rachel
8 years ago

I've read through many of the threads on this subject but really just want a discussion that's recent on this cabinet dilemma. I've been working with a kd for the last 4 months to fine tune all the details of our fairly large kitchen (approximately 40x20). We have roughly 30 cabinets plus 4 full size pullout pantry and pantry with drawers. Each time we make adjustments the price goes up several $1000...our latest issue is discovering that we prefer inset cabinets with beads.i haven't gotten the new quote but our designer suggested we go with plain and fancy instead of medallion. I initially wanted p&f but was told medallion has great cabinets and better customer service. We didn't have many specialty cabinets to go more custom. My recent issue is noticing how the paint on medallion at the seams and corners are quite noticeable and might not be the best quality. Our last quote was $52000 for medallion... At this point we are still not 100% percent satisfied with color and style (haven't gotten inset quote yet). Is this reasonable?

Comments (6)