SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
stevecho

Comments/Suggestions on floorplan?

Steve Smith
8 years ago

My little adventure started out as trying to get suggestions to help get more counter space and room for a pantry (nothing huge) in the kitchen. However when I posted in the kitchen forums folks suggested that I head over here for suggestions/thoughts on the entire design.

First, I want to make it clear that we're pretty happy with the design in general (there were some kitchen folks who were decidedly NOT). Second, a little bit on our use case:

We are a family of four (two kids under 3 yrs), this house is located on about 46 acres in a rural community outside of Ann Arbor, MI. We plan on having a garden and orchard, perhaps some chickens and goats eventually. We also really want to encourage folks to visit us to enjoy the land. We'd like to host yoga classes, canning sessions, movie nights, and other types of gatherings (see Multi-purpose room). This house will have a basement, but that will consist of mechanicals, mother-in-law suite, a root cellar and wine cellar (so is pretty much spoken for), but really isn't part of the discussion for now.

Thanks for your help in advance. Below is the drawing. For whatever reason there aren't a whole lot of dimensions on the first floor, sorry about that.

Comments (21)