SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lillivewire87

Disease ID Help...cross post from Growing Tomatoes

lillivewire87
8 years ago

I am still at a loss as to what this might be...someone suggested Tomato Pith Necrosis...but that apparently affects the top of the plant...most of my affected areas are on the bottom 1/3 or so of the plant. Most of the top (at least to this date) appears ok. I was thinking some kind of canker???

^This is what lots of the leaf nodes look like.

^This is what the inside of one of the leaf branches that is affected looks like

^Another leaf "joint"

^Part of one of the main stems about 1/4 way up the plant

^These are running most of the way up the plant...only about the upper 1/3 or so seems pretty clear of these

I trimmed away most of the dead foliage and any leaf branches that showed the outward signs of the brown decay after taking these, but there are still spots along the main stem (Such as the second picture from the bottom) that are split and decayish looking.

I do only have the three big plants and this is the only one affected by anything to date...I suppose I can just leave it until it fully dies to see if I can get any more ripe fruit off it and discard the soil in this pot. I am still just very curious what it might be....

All my other plants seem perfectly healthy and show no signs of whatever this is.

Thoughts and opinions?

Comment (1)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!