SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mamapinky0

I tried the soak/prewash cycle

mamapinky0
8 years ago

On my speed queen AWN432, and I can see where it will be useful for things that need a prewash, I don't see it being expecially a function I need just for a limited time of soaking, since it is not just a soak cycle, its also a prewash so it fills, agitates 2 minutes, soaks 12 minutes, than drains. Would not be cost efficent just to use for a short soak..now for my whites that I soak all night it will be perfect. I always do a lukewarm prewash before a long soak, just to get some of the dirt/dust off the clothes otherwise they would sit all night in dirty water accomplishing nothing. I also think it will work well for those expecially nasty loads that need a prewash. But not at all beneficial for just a 30-60 minute soak with moderate soil levels. Guess this is why its called prewash/soak..lol. IMO I wish it had a cycle that gave a pause during the wash cycle for a 20-30 minute soak, maybe an option with a button you turn on like the extra rinse. Or if when the lid is open it would do what my old top loader did, fill, agitate, than stop, it wouldn't go into spin until the lid was closed.This is the only function I miss. But I don't think any one gets every thing they want in one washer, basically I'm happy with my choice of buying a SQ. I really do love it.

Comment (1)