SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_625580

New Home/Lawn Owner - Questions

Doug Winnike
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hello! I've browsed for my answers, but every yard is different. I decided to register and upload some pictures! We just bought our first house (Kansas City) last week and have some lawn repairs to do. The house was owned by the same person since 1961 and appears to have never been treated.

A little about me and what I'm looking for. I travel for work a few days a week. I don't want to spend a lot of time on my lawn when I'm home, except for the mowing/trimming and the occasional feeding. That's my long term goal. Now, I know it will take some time to get there. I grew up with blue grass and that's what I want. I believe my backyard is blue grass. It's in much better shape than my front lawn (pics below). It's just thin.

Attached are some pictures of my main culprit that I'm not sure what it is. I'm looking for help identifying what has taken over my lawn and how to deal with it. My first thought is to use a round up type product on it this fall and then do some dormant seeding this winter. I could be completely off on that, which is why I'm here. Thanks!!

EDIT: I also use the Fiskars StaySharp Reel Mower.

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz