SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kublakan

Now I've done it! SMH

kublakan
8 years ago

This is one instance where the cause of the problem is not the focus do much as the need for the solution.

I had neglected to spray my roses for a period off a month in order to give the lady bugs I ordered a chance to get established. I restrained myself until I saw black spot pop up in a few places, at which point restraint have way to caution. I put my mix together potter my usual concoction and decided it would be a good idea to add water soluble 20-20-20 fertilizer to the 2 gallon tank. Big mistake! Suddenly I have leaves that have endured this summer's heat and balmy humidity begin turning yellow from the base up our turn crispy brown. I've done the rose thing enough to know that I pretty much burned my collection. Spider miss was the first idea that popped in my head when, but on inspection their leaves are clean underside. Lack of water couldn't be farther from the answer given our heavy rains lately and my timed sprinkler system, so the cause odd pretty clear. The question, however,

remains: how do I help my roses recover?

I am of course open to possible suggestions as to the cause, as I don't see why the lower leaves are the ones turning yellow before the higher ones, but a solution would be prime on my list of needed advice. Thanks - Adrian.

Comments (12)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting