SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ontariomom

Need to choose a mid priced island hood for 30 inch induction

ontariomom
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi everyone,

We will have a large 10 foot island in a large kitchen in an open concept space. Our 30 inch induction cooktop (Thermador) needs an island hood. We prefer the angled shape of the island hoods pictured in the links below. We plan to get the island hood powder coat painted to a light grey/blue colour and keep some stainless banding on the bottom. After extensive searching my options seem to range in price from $800- $4000. I need to be closer to the $1300 mark, so can't afford a Modern-aire style hood ($4000 range). I have two possibilities within the price range that are both available from a large range hood company here in Canada. However, I don't mind importing one from the US either (we have a place in the US where we can ship and then drive and pick-up across the border). So I am open to either brands.

The first hood seems too deep for our needs. It has baffle filters, the shape we are seeking and is 36 inch wide so is a good width for the 30 inch cooktop. It is 1000 CFM maximum. Here is option one (the super deep one).

island hood with baffles but too deep

The next one has the option of stainless filters (not baffles, but at least not aluminum), is 23 1/2 inch deep but is only 30 inches wide (so a bit narrow). The maximum CFM on this one is 600.

island hood only 30 inch wide and stainless filters

Which of these two would you suggest? If neither of these options, what other brand and model of island hood would you suggest ($1300 or less) that has the same shape as those pictured.

Thanks.

Carol

Here is a plan of the kitchen and surrounding area so you can imagine the hood in the open concept space. Cabinets are already received so not looking for the cooktop to be relocated (love that it will be on the island).

Comments (7)