SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
namarie

X-post from kitchen forum- need lighting assistance

namarie
8 years ago

I posted onthe kitchen forum earlier today and was advised that you guys might also be able to help, specifically nosoccermom who may know our dining room light.

We are building a modern rowhouse and need help with pendants. The kitchen will have dark espresso lowers, white uppers, two tall white cabinets on each side, a dark island and white Quartz counters. The backsplash will be elongated marble subways laid in a herringbone pattern up to the ceiling. The adjacent dining area will have this light.

We are trying to find pendants for the island that don't compete with the backsplash or nearby light fixture and that are modern and sleek. We had thought about this light but the helpful kitchen forum is telling me they will get dusty and greasy fast.
I'm also not in love with them.

Any suggestions? The island is 8 feet wide so it needs something substantial but that won't overpower the back wall/backsplash. Also, we have a lot of dark bronze/black accents through the house but also a lot of stainless in the kitchen. Thanks!

Comments (5)