SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tjbrislin

My Plumerias are having a hard time

tjbrislin
8 years ago

Hello,

I'm going to put as much info down as possible so apologies if this drags on. I recently bought two plumerias in San Diego and brought them home to Fresno, CA (zone 7).

Then everything seemed to go sideways. It is much hotter here (95-102) so I have gradually exposed them to sun. They get 6 hours with afternoon shade. I reported them in light colored pots with 2 parts cactus mix, 1 part perlite. They were a little overwatered at the nursery and the root ball was very damp so I did no further watering for a week. The leaves proceeded to yellow, get brown spots, and even dry up. Didn't notice any mites but think there might be a little scale. I watered then liquid fertilized with a recommended 10-50-10 mix that also had minerals added and did a light foliar coverage at night with a mister. The plant still seems to be suffering but it is pushing healthy new leaves save one that has a dry black tip. Is the location change the cause for all this weirdness? First time plumeria owner so not familiar with this plant.
As if this wasn't enough I have a cutting that I have minimally watered that is now getting soft stems and looking like this
whats going on with my plumerias?!

Comments (6)

Sponsored
RTS Home Solutions
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars3 Reviews
BIA of Central Ohio Award Winning Contractor