SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
janet863

Kitten Mysterious Illness

Janet Pickard
8 years ago

6 month kitten violently shakes head and scratches chin/ side of head constantly (ears are immaculate, no issues, been checked) and also has lost control of hind legs, loss of appetite (will eat treats and a small amount of only one flavor of wet food) but is drinking water OK -weighs 4 lbs. Grinds teeth sometimes. Starting licking the floor about a week ago. Became noticeably less playful at about 3.5 months of age ( but not really lethargic), started shaking and scratching head and shaking one hind leg like something was stuck to it. This has progressed to both uncoordinated back legs but he will run as if he doesn't know the difference - can jump up on things so it is not really muscle weakness. Had a 104.4 fever classified as FUO at 5 months treated with antibiotic and it has not returned - this was AFTER start of scratching and shaking head and leg. Blood work is normal, normal white count, negative for leukemia or FIV. VERY OCD about being with/on me at all times, follows me everywhere. Is urinating (but wherever he is - not in litter - previously no litter issues) and had a small but firm bowel movement yesterday. My vet and I are baffled. Any help greatly appreciated

Comments (7)