SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texas_gem

Week 66: what would you do without GW?

Texas_Gem
8 years ago

First of all, thanks to Christine (CEFreeman) for the excellent topic suggestion!!!

Secondly, I'm sorry it is a day or two early but I'm taking a much needed girlfriends weekend trip and wanted to start the weekly thread before I leave.

So....where do you think you would be if you hadn't fortuitously discovered gardenweb and its users who are a veritable fountain of knowledge?

For me the answer is simple. I would be going for what "looks pretty" instead of "what works" and I would be in the looney house!!! There is only so long that a project can drag on before you start going a bit crazy!!!

My project(s) had reached a point, at a snail's pace I might add, that my friends and family frankly didn't care about any minor accomplishments.

At this point, the only chance I truly have of really wowing someone with my reveal is if I can manage to find a friend who hasn't actually seen my house in over 2 years!!

So I'm eternally grateful to GW. You still encourage me, tell me good job when I've moved one step closer, still revel in all the reveals. You don't get tired of it or say, "jeez, aren't you done yet?!?". You are also honest enough to say, " hey, that really won't work well."

This is, truly, the first "online community" that I've truly felt like I was a part of. If I found out tomorrow that all my favorite GWers were meeting up a few hours away, I would gladly do everything in my power to be there.

How about you? How important is this community in your life? What would you be doing if it wasn't here?

Comments (19)