SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
harryshoe

Report On The Five Tomatoes You Talked Me Into

This year was all new to me: I started everything from seed and chose varieties based on recommendations from this Forum. Overall, I am pleased with the results.

Sungold - The plants grew great, produced early and the fruits were very sweet. However, we found the skin to be very tough. Nobody really loved them due to the unchewable skin.

Bloody Butcher - The fruits are small, barely bigger than a cherry tomato. But, they were early and tasted pretty good.

Mortgage Lifter - As of Aug. 12, we have only picked a few medium sized tomatoes. They tasted good. The plants are huge. There are many larger fruits on the plant but they appear to be 7-10 days away from maturity.

Brandy Boy - We actually got a few large fruits by early July. Slow, but steady production since. Great taste. Not that different from Brandywine.

Black Krim - Steady production of medium to large tomatoes from early July. Everybody seems to love the taste once they get past the color. The plants seem inclined to sprawl rather than climb the support provided. Mature BK is a bit harder to find on the plants since the shoulders are dark instead of red.

Comments (20)