SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
norcam50

Radon mitigation detector

norcam50
8 years ago

Don't quite know which forum this should belong in. I'm finishing my basement and I have a large stove pipe size pipe with electrical connections. I have been told by the former owner that it is part of the radon mitigation system. This system (exhaust fan, I guess) runs continually. One of the electrical connections that is inside metal cable goes down through the basement floor (wood) to a crawl space. My concern is in the finishing process everything will be covered and since nothing lasts forever I expect that I will have to get below this system and replace whatever is down there at some point. Does anyone know anything about these things, like where or for what reason does this electrical connection go below the floor, and what is below. I said it was a crawl space but it this would be extrememly difficult to get to since there is no opening other than the sump pump area which is about 30 feet from where the radon system is. Should I make sure I have access to this area perhaps adjacent to the system?

Comments (2)