SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynnnm

My Sweet New Furkid, Knight!

LynnNM
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

As many of you know already, we lost our Ronin unexpectedly this past Mother's Day. We were devastated. Recently, we decided we are ready to adopt another rescue Doberman. And here he is! He's three years old and such a sweet boy. We were lucky enough to find the perfect fit for us before DD headed back to college last week, as we wanted them to be able to bond before she left. And they did.

Knight came to us via a local rescue organization. He comes from a good home where he was well taken care of and loved, but the couple was being transferred overseas and wanted to find him a better home. He has one now with us!

I realize that to many people Dobermans have a bad reputation as being scary, mean tempered and aggressive. I hate when movies show them like that, because in real life they are the sweetest, most affectionate, smart dogs. As we like to say, they are wanna-be lap dogs stuck in giant bodies. We Doberman owners refer to these guys as "Velcro dogs" because they have such a need to cuddle and be physically close to their family members. Knight is our fourth Dobie, and like all of the rest, he's totally friendly around our friends, too. And, he's getting along great with our 12-pound Tibetan Spaniel, Sasha. We're really happy to have both our wonderful fur kids. It's a cozy, happy time here once again.

Comments (43)