SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
holly_kurtz

Another furbaby intro

Holly- Kay
8 years ago

Our beloved Tommy crossed the rainbow bridge in Dec. of 2013. I was devastated over his loss as he was so young. He found his way into our garage. We tried to find owners but he was so skittish that we think he spent many of his early months alone and outside. We had him neutered and he became our Tommy boy. From the time he came into our lives he suffered from UTIs and was under vet care almost from the get go. He was barely two when he passed and the vet estimated that he was about ten months old when he came to us. He was such a sweet boy and I took his loss hard.

i often was urged to adopt again but each time I saw cats at Petco (SPCA satellite) i just couldn't fill out an application.

I was at Petco getting dog food for the pups and when I walked in the SPCA reps were there with a mesh tent and four adorable kittens that were up for adoption. There was a black and white tuxedo cat that was darling but he totally ignored me. Then a little buff tabby looked me in the eye and meowed in the most pitiful way. It almost sounded like he said me! Well he was one of two brothers and the foster mother was hoping they would stay together. I filled out three pages of application papers and they told me I would hear from them in a few days because they needed to check with our vet to confirm that we would give them a suitable home. Two days later they called me to tell me we were approved.

I couldn't bring them home until after vacation and I can tell you I had some panic attacks because I hadn't had a kitten in over thirty years. We always had cats that found us or we adopted because someone else couldn't keep them and I was getting two not one.

This past Tuesday I picked my boys up and what wonderful kitties they are. They were fostered in a home with dogs and KoKo and Murphy had always been around cats so the adjustment to each other was fairly seamless.

Simba is the boy hanging over the edge and Toby is behind him. KoKo and Murphy have their own favorite chairs but Mom's chair is where you will find my twins. Toby on my lap and Simba laying beside me.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County