SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crystal_house42

Does this type of super simple mini irrigation timer exist?

SW Gardener
8 years ago

Hello! I have a vertical garden that has eight 36" boxes full of flowers and herbs. These are on the same water line/timer as the other trees and plants in the rest of the yard. However, the vertical gardens require only 2-3 minutes of water 2x a day, while the rest of yard gets 20 or so. So I end up flooding my boxes or under watering the rest of the yard. :-/

What would be ideal is a super simple timer that I can splice directly into the 1/2" irrigation line at the base of my boxes so when the backyard water comes on that timer only releases water for 2-3 minutes to the boxes then shuts off. Does anything like this exist?

The irrigation timer that we currently have now does not have room for me add another station or else I'd just put them on their own schedule. It's a 4 four station timer.

More specific info: there is one main 1/2" line in the yard with connections of 1/4" line with drippers going to individual trees/plants in the yard. For the vertical garden, there is 1/2" connection coming off of the main 1/2" line. From there, I have sweat hose on 1/4" connections going to each box. So I'd like to put this super simple timer at the vertical garden 1/2" connection point.

If there are other suggestions, I'm all ears! Thank you!

Comments (4)