SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gsciencechick

Happy news--new furbaby!!

gsciencechick
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I thought we need some lightness after the "how do you know it's time" thread.

Meet Panda!

We were not planning on adopting another pet at all. We had 3 cats at one point and are down to our one large big black kitty. Last week on the Nextdoor app I saw an ad for a kitty who needed to be re-homed due to break-up and relocation. They had 4 dogs and 4 cats. He was looking to re-home her in the next week or so. Her photo and personality description seemed similar to our little kitty we lost a couple of years ago. So, I showed DH and we agreed to meet her on Saturday.

We took the carrier but did not take her that day because the whole situation was a little sad and it was a big decision. We contacted the guy noon Sunday by PM and voicemail and didn't hear anything all day. So, then I was upset we might not get her. DH called the guy Monday and he said she was still available and asked if we wanted to see her again or arrange a play date. DH said no, we want to adopt her, and he said he would bring her over on Tuesday over lunch. So, until they actually arrived we were holding our breath.

She is a 6 year-old Siamese/Snowshoe mix and is tiny at 7.5 lbs. Not underweight, just a little kitty. She is spayed, but it turns out she was lapsed on shots. Fortunately, she got a clean bill of health on her blood work and started back up with immunizations. She was so good at the vet, and the techs were all talking how sweet she is.

It has been really great having a new kitty, and we just love her already. Very vocal kitty as you would expect from a Siamese mix. She's been doing super adjusting to her surroundings and was ready to be sprung from the home office "base camp" room. You can see the litterbox and scratching toys have taken over. Giant kitty is adjusting pretty well, and we've been giving him lots of love, too. I just read that a cat younger, fixed, smaller, and of the opposite gender works well, so good to know we hit all of those. I don't think he'd be receptive to another male.

Right now they are both napping in different rooms. She's in the office and he's in the guest room. We've had some "stare downs at the OK corral", some growling and hissing over the past day. The second photo she was in my lap yesterday afternoon.

Comments (26)

Sponsored
Custom Home Works
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars10 Reviews
Franklin County's Award-Winning Design, Build and Remodeling Expert