SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
loisflan

OT - How lucky can a person be!!

loisflan
8 years ago

Dinner was almost ready - beet salad with goat cheese, fresh from our friend's garden corn and green beans, and my husband's favorite meatloaf. I have this great meatloaf pan. It is a regular loaf pan that has a perforated tray with handles that sits inside the pan and keeps the loaf out of the accumulated grease. I took the pan out of the oven, but grabbed it by the handles. As I was turning to put it on the counter, the pan released from the tray and the pan of hot melted fat from two pounds of meat hit the floor and then bounced up all over the cabinets, floor and me. My pants and sandaled feet were full of grease, but I did not get burned. The only thing I can figure out is that the grease must have cooled enough as it hit the floor and then bounced back all over me. What a mess though. I grabbed paper towels and mopped up the worst of it, took off my pants and shoes, cleaned off my feet and left the rest to clean up after dinner. First things first, right? We ate in the living room while watching the baseball game. Then I got up to finish cleaning the kitchen. When I hit the hardwood floor with my bare foot (which obviously still had a film of grease on it), I went flying. I came down on my bottom between a glass-topped table and a brick fireplace hearth - once again avoiding any injury except to that of my dignity. (I was still in my underwear. I must have been quite a site.) I cleaned up the mess, and went into my sewing room to cut fabric. Let me tell you, I made sure to use my Klutz glove. I figured I had used up my luck for the evening.

Comments (11)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!