SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lucillle

Juicy senior

lucillle
8 years ago

That's how I felt yesterday, like some peach that needed to be plucked rather than a real person. Had a cracked water pipe right behind the hose bib that needed to be fixed. The water to the house was shut off, so I HAD to have this fixed.

Called a plumber and this youngster was sent over, barely glanced at the pipe and started telling me how he might need to dig up my entire front yard and how expensive this repair might be.

I don't know a whole lot about plumbing but this whole thing rubbed me the wrong way and I sent him away.

Called another plumber from another company, he arrived with an assistant, took the time to explain everything, was courteous, got the pipe fixed reasonably and quickly. No mention of possibly having to dig up my yard.

I'm going to call the second plumber from now on. I've been considering replacing the aging accessible pipes in my home with Trex, may have him do that.

Anyway, my point is that it is demeaning and annoying to be treated as a 'mark' just because I'm a senior, and I am not spending any dollars with anyone who treats me that way.

Comments (9)

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!