SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
frankielynnsie

Isolation of new AV/Care for question

frankielynnsie
8 years ago

I have read several comments on isolation of new violets but still have questions. I picked off all blooms to prevent thrips. :c( Put them in ziplock bags for tonight.

The soil is very packed and clumpy and not as loose as what I have used for starting leaves-50/50 AV soil/Perlite. How soon should I re-pot? Can I wash all the old soil off the roots and then pot up? Or will this be too traumatic to the plant--and me.

I have some old seven dust-10%, can I sprinkle a little on the plant and soil after replanting to kill any hitch-hiker bugs? And then keep them in their zip bags for a month to be sure there are no diseases?

They were $3 and a little battered. I pinched off the destroyed leaves when I removed the flowers. Unfortunately none of them had names but they were all nicely variegated except one of the girl leaved ones.

The ones in the last picture have more than one plant in the pots but I don't think they are trailers. Should I separate them when I change their soil? I am worried about the trauma of all this.

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting