SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
atheen_

Touching bases with y'all, updates on my meyer lemons!

Atheen - 7a - in Maryland, USA
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

Hi y'all! Sorry I haven't had much time to update lately, but with my 85 yo mom here, I'm pretty much caregiver all day long, so it's harder to find the time. I've just been to the "show your trunks" post. Steve, Sonya, Andrew, you all have really nice looking trees! Mike, that Fuka sure is looking good. And Mike(2) I am so jealous each time I see pics of your trees, they are sooo beautiful! Steve, I smile each time I see all the drainage holes on your pots :) What type of lemon is the last one from NZ?

Mike and Mike, I hope you're both doing well. Barb, haven't read you in a while, I hope all is well.

My meyers have had ups and down. We had a bit of a scale problem last month on the young one, but I think we're in the clear, since I haven't seen another one in over a week, and I"VE BEEN LOOKING, lol.

Here are the latest pics. They are really filling in, and you can see all the new growth. Mike(2) you'll have to let me know how and when to prune to fill in all those empty spots when it's time like you promised! :)

I've pinched quite a few lemons off the hardiest tree and left 4. I figured that it needed it's energy for new leaves and roots. I hope I did the right thing, it was heartbreaking to pinch off so many lemons. The runt has not made any more buds yet, but it's very busy making leaves right now, and it just battled scale, so it's probably for the best.

I have upgraded them to 1/2 a tsp of fertilizer in half a gallon of water every other day a couple of days ago. They were at 1/4tsp, and I figured with all that growth, they could use an extra boost. I'm watching for signs of leaves yellowing, but so far, so good.

Anyway, here are the pics. I hope y'all are having a fabulous summer! Feel free to post pics of your trees here, too! I'd love to have updates on how they are doing as well.

Here is the runt :)

Here is the other one :)

Y'all have a great day! :)

Atheen

Comments (15)