SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jacqdavis

My first Meyer Lemon tree in the heat of Arizona

Jacq Davis
11 years ago

Hi Everyone,

My last adventure with growing blueberries in container here in Arizona was not a successful one... I truly have black thumb and in desperate need of help again with my new adventure, this time with growing Meyer Lemon.

As you can see, it is a 5 gallon tree that my gardener planted for me. It is located at the north east corner of my side yard. Gets full sun from morning till about 3pm in the afternoon and spend the rest of the day in the shade.

I was told to water/soak it every day for four weeks, then twice a week after that. But ever since it was planted, the leaves started to yellow, curl and then drop.

I thought, maybe it needs some fertilizer, so I got the The Garden Guy's Extreme Citrus Blend and dug up a little bit of the soil around the tree and mixed the fertilizer in with the existing soil. I soaked it again with the fertilizer...

The leaves continue to yellow and drop... I am not sure if I am over watering or under watering. Because the leaves get soft and droopy when the sun is right above it.

Please let me know if you need to see close up photos of the leaves or anything else you might want to know from me to help. I love Meyer Lemon and would love to keep this one alive so I can harvest. There are some fruit already on the tree when the gardener bought it for me.

Thanks again in advance for all your help!

Comments (39)