SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baysinger626

Help me identify my hawaiian plants please, #2

Joe
8 years ago

I have several plants and seeds that are from the big island, and although i think i found out what some of them are but i'm not sure about most of them. I have pictures of the seeds they grew from, and the plant as it is today, about 10 weeks old. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Any input on identification or care would be appreciated. Thanks!

Plant #4. This one puzzles me most. It has slightly fuzzy leaves, and is about 8 inches tall. There are 2 stems that sprouted from the same seed, which was more like a nut, but it had no shell. I thought it could be a Gieger tree, but that's just a shot in the dark.

The seed is about the size of a grape, and i didn't think it would do anything because it was soft and punky, and appeared to be partially eaten, but it sprang to life with no problem within 2 weeks of being planted.

Plant #5

I know this one is a type of Kalanchoe, but i don't know the variety.
It hasn't made the little leaf babies yet, and i'm not sure it is going to.

Plant #6The number in the picture is wrong, but the one i am referring to here is #3 in the picture. This one is also a Kalanchoe, and has already produced leaf babies. In fact, it had babies on its 3rd set of leaves when it was just a few weeks old.

The one numbered 4 in the picture is Kalanchoe Delgoensis.

I thought these were both Delagoensis, and they looked very similar when they were tiny, but BOY did that change.

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!