SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
baysinger626

Help me identify my hawaiian plants please, #1

Joe
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I have several plants and seeds that are from the big island, and although i think i found out what some of them are i'm not sure about most of them. I have pictures of the seeds they grew from, and the plant as it is today, about 10 weeks old.

Any input on identification or care would be appreciated. Thanks!

Here is #1. Some of the seeds were very fast to sprout and others took a few weeks longer, but all of them germinated. Currently the largest one (pictured) is about 10 inches tall.

The seeds were in a dry pod-like thing.. i forgot to take a picture before i broke it apart. The pod was about 1.5"-2" round and brown in color. The seeds are about .5" and a bit fuzzy.

I'm pretty sure this one is a type of Acacia, but more specifically i couldnt say. The leaves fold up in the evening or on cloudy days.

The seeds came from a bean shaped pod that i only had a small section of, but they are about .5" long.

I'm 99% sure its a Kukui nut. but i figured it couldn't hurt to ask.

Planting this one may have been a mistake.. Judging by the size of the thing it would almost certainly be able to take over the entire house, and possibly enslave my family. Okay, just kidding.. but it is very impressive.

Seeds are walnut sized.

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting