SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
qzuelic

Needing help to decide on induction range - Kenmore vs Frigidaire

qzuelic
8 years ago

Hi all. First time here and glad I came across this site! We are in the process of building a new home and look to move the end of August. I have been doing all sorts of research for ranges, and have decided to go with an induction range. I have recently come across a good deal (what I think is a good deal) for both the Frigidaire FGIF3061NF ($1299) and the Kenmore Elite 95073 ($1326). I have seen the reviews on their sites, and some opinions on Consumer Reports and Reviewed.com (both ranges rated very highly).

Quick background on me - I currently don't do much cooking (didn't like our stove in the old house and can't stand the stove in our apartment). I am hoping that changes and hope to start doing a good bit more cooking and being able to try out new recipes - tired of eating out too much. Not looking to become the next Iron Chef, but hope to be able to put a good bit of use to whatever we end up with.

That being said, I am half tempted to go with the Kenmore 95073 because the stovetop is higher power, larger oven capacity and it seems to have more features. The Frigidaire seemed to get great reviews as well, but was maybe just a step down from the Kenmore. The one hesitation on the Kenmore is that some reviewers thought it could have been better at baking.

So, I wanted to find out if anyone here uses either of these two and what their opinions on these might be.

Thank you for any assistance!!

Comments (10)