SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
zrozinskiy

Not getting enough pressure at sprinkler heads.

Zhenya
8 years ago

I have 1500 sq. ft. lawn broken in three zones. Each zone has 10 sprinkler heads all 12 ft. Most are 360 degrees, some (edges are 180 degrees). My GPM rate is 17GPM at water bib sitting right next to sprinkler valves and serviced by the same line. The water pressure is 160psi at the same water bib.

The lawn and new irrigation was put in about 10 months ago. With the heat of summer I started noticing brown/dry spots on the lawn. After lots of trial and error (re-piping valves, closing some sprinkler heads, etc.) I can see that I simply don't get enough water and/or pressure at my sprinkler heads.

The person that installed the irrigation and my gardener are both at a loss because they say that at 160psi there should be plenty of pressure for 10 sprinklers. Yet if I am truly only getting 17gpm and my heads are using 2.5gpm each it's not enough.

I unscrewed one of the sprinklers in put on a pressure gauge on the pipe. I am only getting about 25psi with 9 other sprinklers running.

Any help any advise would be appreciated. What am I calculating wrong? Could it be that 10 sprinklers are too many for 160psi pressure?

Comments (10)