SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
debrak_2008

50th birthday ideas needed!

debrak_2008
8 years ago
last modified: 8 years ago

I'm approaching that special number and want to plan some fun stuff to do. One of my friends turned 50 recently and we went on a road trip to see a band she likes. Now its my turn. I'm thinking of a few different things and wondered what my GW friends have done for special birthdays. I'm thinking of a girl only event and another event for everyone.

Thought of a pole dancing party. You get lessons at a serious pole dancing studio. Decided to skip this as DD said everyone will be sweaty and won't want to go out after. Everyone was so worried about hanging upside down on the pole etc.

Anyway, next idea is a pirate party on a sailboat. A local sailboat tour operator told me they will be soon announcing some type of pirate event. I had asked about an adult birthday party as they have kid parties. Waiting to hear back on that....

Next is going to a winery that I always wanted to go to that is having a Steampunk event. Everyone dresses up and it's an all day event. You don't have to be really into steampunk to have a good time.

Latest idea is going on a kayak tour of the Buffalo River. I like this because I am afraid of kayaks. Canoes are OK but kayaks scare me for some reason so that makes me want to confront my fear.

None of these are an actual birthday party. Just want to leave my 40's with a bang and charge right into 50 feeling more alive than ever.

What have you, your family or friends done?

Comments (22)