SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dananad

Coping installed tomorrow and need answer tonight please!

Dana
8 years ago

Our pool has been taking forever (won't go into the story now) but travertine 6x12 pavers were delivered along with some that were wrapped. I assumed it was the coping. Well, PB came by today to discuss with paver guys what design I'm doing (herringbone) and I found out that the regular 6x12 pavers are being used for coping. I asked about that as I thought that coping was meant to have a rounded edge. he said, "coping is just the way its installed". So, I didn't get a choice on coping and am concerned about a regular paver being rough and snagging bathing suits. This pool should have been done already and now I am freaking out. Why didn't they give me a choice on coping? I didn't know until this afternoon. We live in the Tampa Bay area and got our travertine from stone-mart. We had to upgrade to Travertine when Flagstone made an inventory error on our concrete pavers and was told it was going to be 4+ weeks. Please tell me that we won't have any problems using regular 6x12 tumbled travertine for our coping? I mean, this stuff has holes in it, edges not necessarily even... I'm just sick! (FYI we purchased the Silver Select Travertine)

Comment