SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
arialvetica

Help configuring beds/baths on floorplan

arialvetica
8 years ago

We have our lot! I'm sketching a rough floorplan for our first design meeting with our builder. This is based on my previous home's floorplan, as I loved many aspects of it. I am open to comments on other aspects of the floorplan, but here are the primary areas I am hoping you veterans can help me with:

1. bed/bath/laundry layout (basically anywhere you see a white/gray grid! -- no windows on 1st floor south wall due to building into the hill -- and the house doesn't have to fill the grid space or be boxy, that's just how the screenshot cropped
  2. kitchen island (I know the wedge shape is inefficient, but I'm not sure the best way to reconfigure it. I DO like the sink and dishwasher on the island.)
  3. a nook for my upright piano, outside of the main living area, but with sight-lines to it

The upstairs will have a loft/landing w/ a window seat and some armchairs, two bedrooms, and a bathroom.

PS I was formerly minneapolisite -- I just realized that when houzz and ths merged, they didn't merge my two accounts. Since I no longer live in Minneapolis, I thought I'd stick with this more generic name! :)

Comment