SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bryn49

Help, My 2 month old sod not looking good!

Bryn
8 years ago

2 months ago, we renovated our front yard. New driveway, new grass, new gardens etc.

I removed the old sod with a sod cutter, and spread approx 1" of fresh topsoil and leveled the ground. I installed the sod (located in the Detroit, Mi area for reference) and it took off wonderfully. Within 3 weeks, i had thick green grass. Our first cut was after 1 month.

During the month of June, our area received record breaking rain fall. (not sure if that is worth mentioning) along with the fact that i have an irrigation system.

The irrigation system is set to water daily, 15mins on the front zone (pictured) Now into our 3rd month with the sod, it is looking brown'ish. I've noticed most folks in my neighborhood have the same issue. However some do not.. I have (as of last night) revise the watering schedule to once every 4 days, and double the time. I fear that maybe I've over-watered the grass?? I do see some mushrooms pop up occasionally.

I just re-sharpened my lawn mower blade to remove that from the equation also.

Also, we normally cut the grass at about 3-4", it is cut lower here cause i tried that this weekend to see if it helps.

I'm not sure if pictures alone are enough to help me....but i'm hoping someone can help me get this lawn looking spiffy again... It was a labor of love and we don't want to lose it!

Comments (5)